The Deerfoot 5” Short is our everyday short for men. Built for comfort & capability on the run, this lightweight, stretch-woven short is also a perfect casual piece. Its pocketing is made for a life on the go.
“Deerfoot” pays homage to the origin story of Heartbreak Hill. Ellison "Tarzan" Brown, known as "Deerfoot" by his Narragansett Tribe, got out hot in the 1936 running of Boston leaving the field in the dust with a blistering pace. In the hills of Newton, legend of the day, Johnny Kelley, gave Brown a little pat on the behind as he caught and passed him. The condescending gesture no doubt lit a fire in Brown who won back the lead while Kelley fell back to 5th. Boston Globe writer at the time Jerry Nason dubbed the final hill of that Newton series "Heartbreak Hill" since that's where Brown ultimately broke Kelley's heart.
- 5 pockets: 2 large side-seam zip pockets for personal storage on the go; 2 gel pockets built into the brief for nutrition on the run; 1 center back large pocket for a phone or personal item
- Raised Heartbreak patch at left hem.
- Red Heartbreak branded drawcord
- Heartbreak flag logo at side seam.
- Garment hangtag includes red shoelaces with tips that read “Love” on one end and “Heartbreak” on the other.
- Breathable mesh waistband
- Brief lined
Elijah is 5'9", wearing Medium
90% NYLON, 10% SPANDEX, LINING: 92% POLYESTER, 8% SPANDEX